August 2, 2023

Pet Policy

Our pet policy and standard practice.

Pet Policy

At Baker Street we love animals! However, not all our properties are pet-friendly and the pet policies vary.


Many of our properties do allow pets.  If you already have a pet before inquiring about a property, it's a good idea to double-check with our team before signing a lease. If you are considering getting a pet, you can check if your property allows pets by looking at your lease agreement. On the "Summary" page, the lease will state whether or not pets can be in your property.

If your property does allow pets, or allows pets on a "case-by-case" basis, you'll have to reach out to us to get your pet registered and approved. To start this process, kindly fill out our Pet Registration Form.

Pet Fees

If we approve a pet for your unit, then there is a $100 Pet Registration Fee, and a Monthly $50 Pet Rent thereafter. The Pet Registration Fee is a one-time non-refundable charge. If you have two or more pets, then there is a $100 Pet Registration Fee, and then Monthly $75 Pet Rent thereafter.

Additional damages above and beyond the pet fee will be deducted from your security deposit at the end of the lease.

Emotional Support Animals

Baker Street Properties recognizes the right of our tenants to have an Emotional Support Animal reside in their property or unit, even if their lease does not allow for pets.

There are a few things you should know and have ready to provide to us in order to get your Emotional Support Animal approved by Baker Street Properties.

  • You will need to fill our Baker Street's Pet Registration Form.
  • You will need to have a filled out Service Animal Certification Form. This form must be filled out by a licensed mental health professional. It must also be signed.
  • The Service Animal Certification Form must state that you are suffering from a disability that requires you to need a service animal in your place of residence due to your limitations in performing or participating in at least one of life’s major activities because of your disability.
  • Your prescription of an Emotional Support Animal must be an integral part of the treatment of your condition.
  • The ESA letter must be dated no later than a year from the date of your departure.
  • If there is any damage caused by the animal to the home at the end of the lease Baker Street will deduct money from the security deposit.  If there is a nuisance issue with the animal we reserve the right to remove the animal.

As stated in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) of Mental Disorders Version IV, some disabilities include:

  • Learning disorders.
  • Attention Deficit Disorder also known as ADD.
  • Sexual disorder.
  • Mental retardation.
  • Tic disorders.
  • Motor skills disorders.
  • Bipolar disorder.
  • Gender identity.
  • Substance-related disorder (alcohol and/or drugs, among others).
  • Cognitive disorders.

Baker Street reserves the right to contact your licensed mental health professional for proof of signature on your Service Animal Certification Form. Baker Street will never ask, and will never be granted, access or information about your disability. That information is protected by the guidelines set by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).

If you request an Emotional Support Animal without the required form or signature, Baker Street reserves the right to consider and/or reject any request for an Emotional Support Animal.

If you would need to have an emotional support animal in your property, check out our article about Emotional Support Animals.

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Was this guide helpful?
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.